Question about possible Perforated Bowel

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello and thank you for reading this, I'm in a predicament where I'm unable to know whether or not I have a perforated bowel/stomach/intestine. About 4-5 days ago I ate a Miss Vickie's potato chip that had a sharp edge and I noticed after swallowing it when it was in my stomach, a very sharp irritation. I have a history of alcohol and smoking and also suffered from a very severe trauma to my stomach during a motor vehicle accident back in 2019. When I try to go to sleep I feel like there is liquids moving around in my stomach and I get a sharp paining sensation on my tummy and I'm worried that I've possibly perforated my stomach / intestines somewhere along the digestive tract, and I'm wondering how obvious it would be if this is the case or if its possible that the pain wouldn't be agonizing to the point where I would know for sure. I went to the emergency room when the pain was at its height, exactly 24 hours after the incident with the food. They did bloodwork, X-Ray, and urine sample tests, but the Doctor was very aggressive to me constantly asking me what drugs I'm on and other very strange questions that had no relevance to whether or not my intestines are perforated somewhere. I'm extremely worried about this turning into Peritonitis or Sepsis down the line. I have scoured the internet for information about these and my symptoms but I can't be 100% sure.

Symptoms are as follows : Freezing cold feet, weird red lacerations on my legs, extreme pain in my stomach/abdominal area when laying down to go to sleep, even more so when I've eaten anywhere in the last 2-3 hours before attempting to sleep. Heartburn for the first 10 mins after waking up that goes away with drinking water. Very Thirsty, more than normal, very little urine excretions, along with more frequent urination. Usually I'd pee at least 300ml, these urines post injury are less than 150ml. Pain after eating food. My abdominal area feels more soft and squishy to the touch. I really need someone to help me, as I live in Ontario, in a city with hospitals that have an average review of 1 star and the most complaints of any hospitals in all of Canada. So I simply can't rely on their opinions. I need an expert that has dealt with multiple cases of perforated intestines to let me know if a minor perforation would be a level of pain that is manageable or if any perforation would be agonizing pain. What the chances are that it leads to peritonitis/Sepsis - and whether or not I should take the 2 hour drive to Toronto to get a real doctor to look at this.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That 2 hour drive will help you in bigger ways and give you more understanding on where your at and help you get the help you need for the issue at hand. 2 hours is a small price to pay, its a journey you will have to take at least down the road of healing. Take the journey to the doctors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.