Questions about doctors responsibility to report crimes patient is talking about.

Posted , 1 user is following.

If I were to go into a doctors office and report to the doctor symptoms related to a crime that was committed against me and that was the sole reason why I was in that doctors office, should that doctor report to the local police about the mentioning of said crimes? I heard somewhere that parents (under the age of 18), bishops, doctors and teachers are supposed to report crimes to the police if they were made aware of them. Something about duty of care?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.