quetiapine and exercising/heat stroke

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take 50mg of quetiapine at night. I work out in the morning, treadmill for about 1 hour running/walking/incline/intervals. I sweat extremely bad, dripping from my heat, arms, and neck. I read that you should not do strenuous exercising on quetiapine due to the inability to cool the body down. I feel if i don't work out hard, i won't lose weight. Has anyone else had the sweating issue while working out?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Always be guided by your doctor and of course by your own body but I exercised hard when I was on quetiapine - I am a PT, plus did lots of HIIT classes, trained several hours most days and ran ultra marathons up to 145 miles. Initially my doc didn't think it was a good idea, but they were unable to answer my "how much exercise is excessive?" question so I cracked on. 

I did heat up pretty fast and sweat a lot but just kept on top of my hydration, clothing choices and was mindful of slowing pace etc to get my body back under control and cooled a little if needed.

• Posted

Hi, how much SQ do you take?, I think I will be prescribed something like SQ and iam wondering will it take away my motivation and interests in things.
    • Posted

I took 300mg at night; I am now off the quetiapine totally - it did take away a lot of motivation and interest; training was hard work. Also the increased appetite and ready weight gain was tough to handle. I kept a routine and made myself do things. Initially I felt like a zombie and even after a while still felt as if I was in a fog - but just kept disciplined. It was tough though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.