Quit 60 days ago still feel dreadful

Posted , 4 users are following.

Took champix at first for a week, had side effects so stopped, still quit smoking and have now been 60 days without a cigarette. I feel terrible. I thought there may be a glimmer of feeling better, but no !

Tired all the time, sleeping 7 hours at night and a couple of hours in day, feel tired all the time. No energy for anything.

Have gum infection and have been to dentist twice.

Have had large boil on top of leg which needed antibiotics,

Generally feel unwell and run down all the time.

Help !

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your feeling rough because you have thankfully given up a very addictive substance, 60 days is actually a really good quit and about another 30 days and you will begin to feel so much better.

Your body is trying its best to rid you of all those toxins that have been residing in your body for years.

One thing I would suggest is that you increase your fluid intake because for some reason quitting smoking does tend to be a cause of dehydration, its not a proven side effect but over the years i have seen it many times, I think it is a lot more common than is thought. You keep at it, you will definitely find it a great source of encouragement to keep posting.

• Posted

Sorry youre feeling so bad, but well done for stopping smoking. It could be pure coincidence that youre feeling bad, but whatever, I promise you will soon start to feel better. You are now a non smoker, youre lungs are starting to recover. You are no longer poisoning your body. Have you been putting your 'fag' money aside? Maybe time to treat yourself? I agree you should up your fluid intake and try going for a walk every day. I havent had a cig in 3 years and there isnt a day goes by that Im not thankful that I stopped. I salute you for having the strength to go cold turkey. You have proven to yourself that you can get through the worst and reap the benefits that are ahead for you. Maybe worth going along to your gp and mention that you feel run down, get your bp, blood sugar etc checked out. Keep in touch and let us know how youre getting on. Remember fags are not the answer! Thinking of you and wishing you  health and good times ahead x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.