Quit smoking 3 weeks ago after 10 years smoking

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I quit smoking 3 weeks ago cold turkey but don't have a clue what the symptoms and withdrawal feels like. Can someone please fill me in if they know? All I know is I've had headaches real bad, sweats and feeling so rough... I get cravings especially after eating. Have taken a drag or two from my partners rollie in the three weeks but one drag gives me a nicotine rush. Enough for me to pass it back to him or throw away. I've recently had bad anxiety and dried blood in my phlegm so I think that is why I quit... I may be unwell as well as having withdrawals. Can anyone comment with their experiences? Please and thanks xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Shannon first off congratulations, you have taken the first step to becoming an X smoker, I hope you feel proud of yourself.

The withdrawal symptoms are different for each of us, headaches can be one and can also be because you are drinking less than you should be, especially as it's very warm at the moment.

Have you been to see your GP about the flecks of blood in your phlegm, you could have a chest infection, this could be causing the sweats.

Taking a drag from your partner's cig is a definite no no, instantly you trigger the cravings again because that's all it takes, make NOPE your mantra,

NOT ONE PUFF EVER

It's not easy to quit I know, coming up for 10 years for me and I know it's the best thing I have done for my health ever, just go and get some help regarding your chest and if you can manage it continue going cold turkey, I did and at least you haven't got to wean yourself off of another addictive contraption, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.