Quitting Omeprazole cold turkey feeling fatigued achey, weak, feeling sick

Posted , 1 user is following.

so i was on omeprazole for 3 years & i did not put 2 & 2 together but after just stopping it cold turkey from taking 20mg a day to nothing so the first two week of stopping it I just had some mild stomach cramps/pain and the heart burn returned but shortly after the two week my body and still to this day is the same 2 month on started aching all over really bad i felt fatigued and energy less all of the time which is not like me at all, i feel sick sometimes my cheeks have been red ever since which is really weird, i've had bloods done quite a lot as well and everything is normal so now i look back its obviously stopping the ppi's after seeing these forums i really need to know if anyone else has this and will going back on the omeprazole and weaning off get rid of the symptoms because my life is terrible i am anxious all of the time my mental health is disgraceful i just need to find a solution to my problems and this seems to be the only thing left that could be the problem anything will help thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.