Quitting smoking

Posted , 1 user is following.

Iv been a smoker since I was 13, I'm now 34 I'm using an asthma pump I get breathless and I have the most horrible cough. I have to wonderful sons who need me one is 12 the other is 6 I have many fears but my biggest is leaving them they would be broken and lost! I have to quit I'm so angry that I relapse and I'm so determined to stop my biggest struggle when quitting is sleeping I have children to look after so I plan to stay up all night tonight my quit time will be 6am I have a busy day and I'm going to exhaust myself for tomorrow night!!! Smoking is killing me I really hate it!!! X

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Good for you, determination and fear will win. I quit cold turkey 30 years ago from 40 a day, smoked for 32 years. I had a sleeve in the house and just kept telling myself, ** if you must you can have one in an hour**, when the hour was up it was nah, you can do it, wait another hour so on and so on, for 10 years I would stand behind smokers to inhale, felt so pathetic, now I hate the smell, wondered why I ever did that to my skin and lungs

Get yourself a CT scan if you can just to put your mind at rest as to why you are breathless and cough badly.

Best of luck with the quitting, sounds like you are in the right frame of mind to manage it.

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.