Radiotherapy side effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have just completed a 6 week course of radiotherapy for a recurring adenoma for which I  had two transphenoidal surgeries last March within two weeks of each other after they discovered that I had a combined Adenoma and Rathke Cleft Cyst together. I just wanted to ask anyone who has been through radiotherapy when their side effects started to subside. I have had headaches, fatique and nausea. But also I have got this very upsetting smell in my nostrils all the time and from what I can make out from the staff it is from the radiotherapy machine. Apart from the crippling headaches this is the second most upsetting side effect that I've had. Would love to know from anyone here who has been through the same and if there is hope soon that it will soon go away. Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Tracey

I've never been through that but it seems

Like a lot of treatments

But it seems the radiotherapy

Has been very difficult for you

You might just have to wait until

Your body can heal itself from the

Radiotherapy.

I worry about your symptoms but the best

Thing you could probably do is avoid

The radiotherapy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.