Ramipril

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there all,

I wonder if anyone has experienced itching arms and legs (urticaria) due to the Ramipril? I've been taking the medicine for about 6 years. Could this happen after all these years? It's driving me mad!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

paola99627...You've been taking the Rampiril now for 6 years. In my opinion, I highly doubt the Rampiril is the cause for all that itching. You MIGHT have a nerve problem. Best to check it out with your Dr.

• Posted

I would get yourself checked out for an allergy that can cause itching. I have a house dust mite allergy which causes the same symptoms.
  • Posted

I have been on Ramapril for some years and well over a year ago I developed itchy rashes on both ankles spreading up the front of my shins. Lots of applications of steroid creams eased the itching but I started using aqueous creams instead because the skin was getting thin. More recently I changed from Ramapril 10mg to Ramapril 5mg plus Felodopine 5mg because I read that this combination was as good as Ramapril 10mg but would have fewer side effects. The itching and rash eased but did not go away. A few days ago I reduced the Ramapril to 2.5mg and the rash began to shrink within 24 hours and it is continuing to reduce in size. The other respondents might be right but a start would be if you could persuade your doctor to try adjusting your medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.