Ramipril

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on this for a week,2.5mg.Got headache, neck ache,aching legs ,stomach cramps,lethargy,generally feeling awful.How long do I give it before I come off it ?Was on amlodopine which I stopped due to same.My blood pressure hasn't really come down either,169/125,was 180/125 when started.Have been on 100mg atenolol since 1994,no probs.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds familiar, why did you change from Antenolol if you had no probs with them. They will tell you one week is not long enough to tell but it is for me. We do exist, people who have problems with medications, we are not the norm so you have to be firm. I was recently 'forced' to try Nifedipine again despite me saying it doesn't suit me I knew in one week, I suffered for a month before I could get an appointment to argue a change, I can use my arms againg now, I couldn't on Nifedipine.

• Posted

Hi.still on atenolol.I see the nurse next week for bloods,so will give it till then.If I'm the same,then I'll stop.Luckily my gp is good.

• Posted

I was practically crippled with leg pain while I was on Ramipril, never been in so much pain, it’s an awful drug, horrible. They sort of keep you on them for years, I stopped taking them and went back to my high blood pressure, felt much better off them. I’ve been looking into alternatives to these horrible pills. Seemingly black garlic and Kyolic aged garlic is very effective in lowering the blood pressure. I’m going to give the two of them a go and see how I get on, don’t take it if your on blood thinners though, as it thins the blood, an excellent alternative to aspirin without the side effects. 👌

• Posted

So sorry you are having problems with Ramipril but as you can see from this forum you are not alone although that is not going to be a comfort to you. I would suggest that you have been put on yet another bp lowering drug as the drug you were on was no longer working efficiently for you. I presume that you have been making lifestyle changes as well. Probably worth going back to your GP whom you say that you have confidence in and discussing an alternative. I wish you all the best. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.