Ramipril and losartan

Posted , 4 users are following.

reading the effects of above on other guests. I just wanted to confirm that I was put on 2.5mg ramipril last year , having suffered from Coughs for 3 months, asked my GP to change the drug ( as my mother had suffered 2 years before it was diagnosed and the doctor changed her ramipril, what a nightmare it was) and I was put on 25 mg Losartan, However I must admit  I am having aches and pains in my legs and my right arm and have been going to Physio every couple of months , assuming it was age related ( male 65).

I noted that one of the guests used candesartan so i will take it up with my GP next time I go and see him. many thanks for everyone's comments. I hope that the GP's are reading these columns too.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Enda27923

I have a very similar experience. ramipril did not work for me , excessive coughing etc.

Moved on to both Losartan and Candesartan 2 years ago. Whilst my BP is reasonably under control i also experience joint and muscular pain in right leg. 

I have had ultra sound, MRI and xray -- all suggest nothing more than moderate degeneration , age related, I am 68. In other words , there is nothing obvious, but the common thread is the drugs which we are both on ! As you say , lets hope that the G.P's read this note too, any other members out there please input .

• Posted

Perhaps they do read it as it is run by EMIS the company that develops, supplies and supports general practice computing systems.
  • Posted

I had the cough with Rampril as well, only on Losartan two weeks and the cough has started again, its so bad I can't lie down at night. I have a burning itch as well. First week I was on it I slept round the clock nearly  but that has eased.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.