Random pain on the left side of my chest?? help!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

On Saturday night, i was just laying in bed when i felt a sharp pain on the left side of my chest. it was very sudden and felt sharp and tight, almost like a pulsating feeling. i went to the er and the doctor did blood work, an EKG, and an x-ray on my chest. he ruled out a blood clot and inflammation of the heart. In my blood work though, I noticed that i had a high platelet count and a low MPV. He told me the pain should go away however its 3 days later and the pain has migrated from my chest and its only in my shoulder and it feels like in my left lung? it hurts when i breathe in too. i also now cant even lay on my left side bc its too painful. It also cant be pneumonia or Coronavirus because i had coronavirus in October.

here are a few of my other symptoms that i have noticed before my chest :

dry mouth, fatigue, headache, hoarseness of voice, anxiety, forgetfulness, and there was a weird rash on my upper right arm that looked like stretch marks.

I'm so worried and I cant get into my doctor until the 25th of January. If someone could please help and let me know what it might be that would be great!! thank you in advance 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI Noelle

I am sorry no one else has replied to you.

I was struck by what you said as this is EXACTLY what my mother has been suffering from since she got Covid in October this year. She has had to go to A&E twice to find out what was going on, had similar tests and the doctors have found nothing. She has got a great doctor that really wants to get to the bottom of this so is having follow up's with him at Watford General. It seems to be women who are suffering from these ongoing (uncommon) long covid 19 symtoms. She met two other women that had exactly the same as you and her in Hospital. There does not appear to currently be any treament or medications they can recommend. I would certainly get a CT Scan at the hospital. Maybe look into Katie Brindle who does more preventative self care as well. I am not a medical practitioner and I am not sure anyone has the full solutions to this but know that what you are feeling is real, I hope this gives you a little comfort at the very least that others are feeling the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.