Re-tear of bicep 11 weeks post-op

Posted , 1 user is following.

6/1/21 I had arthroscopic left shoulder repair to fix my labrum and also had my rotator cuff debrided as it was a partial tear. As my surgeon was in there, he found my bicep tendon was torn and reattached that. Close to 6 weeks post-op I woke up in the middle of the night to a "pop" and coukd no longer move my arm. Doctors kept telling me it was scar tissue breaking off. Now we are 11 weeks post-op and cannot barely stand any kind of stretching in PT and I had an MRI on Friday stating that my bicep is torn again. This is a workers comp case and I had to wait 30 weeks for this repair and I feel like that set me up for failure to begin with. I have no ROM and I'm worried I am going to have another surgery. Is there anything else I can have done? I see my doctor on Monday and he said I cannot continue to live in pain since I am only 33. I am just bummed out and has anyone else went through this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.