Reaccuring dream

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm Lex, I've had insomnia for as long as I can remember. Possibly since before I was a teen. I am 28 years old and a mom of three little ones. For almost as long as I've had the insomnia I have had the same recurring nightmare but it comes and goes. Its somewhat strange when I 1st started dating my husband he said I would jump I'm my sleep and tense up when he would hold me. I would already be in a deep sleep by the time he got to because of the graveyard shift he used to work. I told him of my nightmares and he was very understanding since he is a combat vet. Through the years though the nightmares slowly stopped but I still had insomnia. 2 months ago my nightmares started again. They feel so real to me I almost feel crazy talking about them. Its always starts with me laying down trying to sleep, of course tossing and turning. I look I'm the corner and see a dark figure. For yes I could not see a face just a mouth moving like its trying to tell me something but I can never make it out what its saying. I once had a dream that the figure was choking me when I was in highschool. I must of been screaming because when I came to my mom was over me trying to wake me up. Last week I had the dream again but when I tried to wake up the figure rushes to me and before I could open my eyes it looked me in the eyes for the 1st time. What does it all mean? I've tried different ways to help with the insomnia in the past but I feel like it males the nightmares worse. Please help.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What sort of diet do you have and have ypu ever had in analysed? I'm assuming youre from the states and can point you to some of the worlds best labs.

This is only to eliminate all nutritional defecits off the checklist. For instance yor genome may have a mutation where you reuire x milligrams of a mineral more to be be able to sleep properly, or it may be as large as your macros ratio and that you should increase your sleep quality by inducing ketogenesis and cutting out whole carbs. Then there is the sleep cycle regulating hormones which it will tie into then we can move onto them also

• Posted

Hi blad4 I have to admit I don't have the best of diets but recently started to change that. I am 5'8 and 180. I still have some of my baby weight from having my 3rd baby in late 2014. My Dr is recently tell me I'm pretty diabetic and having low vitamin D. So my husband and I are begin to change up our diets. No I have never had am analysis before.
  • Posted

I have had the same recurring dream since I was 9. I started mirtazapine about 5 years ago as I had enough. No more dreams. But please don't follow that. As it only masks it. Mine has been my voice called loud and quiet. I am paralysed and if I date open my eyes or fight through the feeling of paralysis I wake to a demon staring at me. Same one. Just came of the drugs. So now expecting anyway for these dreams to re surface. But like you, they have gone away at points in my life, like when I had children etc,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.