Reactive arthritis in the wrist

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all, hope everyone can be pain free from this disease!

I have diagnosed with Reactive arthritis due to chlamydia 9 months ago which I unfortunately had it twice.

All my symptoms gets better through time except my the pain in my right wrist, which I use it daily during my office work (using mouse and keyboard). My wrist is extremely stiff and hear cracks when I move it.

I just wanted to know if someone suffering from the same pain in wrists and will it ever get any better?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

Six months ago I had a major carpel tunnel symptoms which led to both wrists having surgery. Afterwards my reactive arthritis reoccurred, flaring up in the palms of my hand. Was extremely painful. My surgeon sent me to a rheumatologist he trusted to deal with it.

On sulfasalazine and Celebrex, but only does so much ; have to use prednisone when it gets too bad.

I am 66 and retired now, spending all day sitting in a chair. Sucks but hoping it will run it's course and stabilize. Have dealt with this stuff since 1982, when it was in my feet it was very painful, but losing my hands has been more limiting in my life.

Hope it turns out well for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.