Reactive arthritis with swelling and skin rash

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I'm a 38 year old male. I been diagnosed with reactive arthritis May 2016 after a chest infection started in March 2016. My symptoms were at the time, swollen hands, ankles, elbows, legs and skin rash on my arms, back side, feet, legs and under my feet...rash feelslike I've been scolded with hot water when I had a shower...alcohol consumption contributed to all this flaring up! Also got a very height uric acid level and now treated for goat. I'm not on medication for the arthritis...currently skin rash occur when I'm stressed out, walked or drove long and far distances but its not pain skin rash...looks like red dots and it's not itchy either. As soon as I have a drink this reaction occurs! Any body experienced some as weird like this before or even heard of it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get this if I take penicillin..to me, sounds you are allergic to one of the drugs they gave you
  • Posted

good morning , you are sharing promblems that l have experenced over the past 50 years the ankles, the rash on the back side as well as being very tired and at this time having some blood pressure high reading which are associated with my reitiers , thank you sharing about the alcohol l forgot about this yes whem l have a few drinks of crown royal my reiters is more painful... so my friend you are not alone ahaving lived with these problems for many years. cheers from canada
  • Posted

I might have the same problem, the rash is mostly on legs thighs and buttocks.

Can you tell me how were you diagnosed with ReA; by any lab test or infectious disease? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.