really struggling and my quality of life is low

Posted , 1 user is following.

so after suffering with restless legs 24/7 every day all day long, feeling drained etc, i went to the doctor and had a blood test and discovered i was low in iron but that my body wasnt absorbing it.. i also had raised white blood cell count although not being ill and high inflamtion...

after talking to the doctor about having other issues such as mucus in poo, blood when i wipe and stomach pains for years. she was convinced its all a problem to do with my stomach and thats where my body isnt absorbing the iron and causing all my problems.

so she sent me home with nothing no iron tablets as she said it wont do anything as my body isnt absorbing iron anyway so its a waste of time, she did a stool sample and it came back fine.

i have been referred to gastroentrologist but the wait is 10 months... i understand nothing is fast as the strain on the NHS but im really realy struggling they know i have no iron i feel absolutley awful everyday all day i cant coupe my legs hurt, ache and are restless all day all night everyday no break paracetemol doesnt help anymore only relif is burning my leg on a hot water bottle with no cover, i have burn marks but im scared as in summer i wont be able to use hot water bottles what will i do im scared and left in pain

another concern is what if the issues arent todo with my stomach as the doctor has just put everything in one basket and what if i wait nearly a year and in the end its nothing todo with my stomach then the cycle starts again?!

im only 22 my life shouldnt be this miserable its got so bad the past few months i cry daily ive expressed this to the doctor they dont care or say anything different even when i say im really struggling i just have to wait... i feel scared im not being taken seriously and what if i die or its something serious im left feeling this way as i get no answered and ive been left in this much pain and being depressed

does anyone know what i can do i just need advice im stuck

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.