Really worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

had a disc taken out 10 years ago but told i had 3 more dodgy discs , had 3 weeks of the dreaded pain and really worried what should i do took months of arguing with my doctor last time 😕 feeling really worried

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley,

So sorry to hear you've been going through such a hard time lately, I do just hope and pray things can improve soon. I have had some lower back issues this last 18 months, nothing as dramatic as what you've had to go through but I know how down it has got me and it has prevented me from working and taken some real confidence away from me, so I do empathise in those respects.

I hope and pray that you can get to see a good doctor who takes the time and offers the right support and advice - I have had my issues with doctors over the years and it can be so draining I know when all you want to do is for someone to take things seriously and take time and consideration to explain things and reassure you and guide you in the best possible way, understanding how hard it is to go through pain and suffering and how fragile you may be feeling.

I will say a wee prayer Lesley just to ask for God's healing touch in your situation - I do have faith and believe you are going to get through this and be pain free again. Thinking about you and sorry for not being able to offer any more practical information / advice - just wanted you to know I read your message and was thinking about you and believe you are going to be fit and healthy again and get through this tough time thanks to Jesus.

Craig

• Posted

Sorry to hear this, as i also know very well how painful it is to go through this condition. For the last three years I have been undergoing treatment for my severe back pain issue in various hospitals. But those treatments couldn’t bring relief to my back pain. I couldn’t even fix my leg on to the ground. At that time the doctor who treated me informed that there is a bulge in between my disc and due to that dislocation an emergency surgery was needed. But I couldn’t find any financial resources to carry out the surgery. Then through my friends I came to know about Dr. B Robin Guru Singh of Gurupatham Spine Care Centre near Marthandam. I met the doctor and after checking my scanned reports he diagnosed that a nerve supply to my leg is almost stopped. And by a three months treatment without any medication my back pain got cured completely.

So those who are suffering from disc prolapse should keep in mind that surgery is not the onl;y solution. You can definitely try Physiotherapy which have now uses the modern technologies like Spinal Decompression treatment along with spinal gliding and manipulation. many of the patients who got admitted along with me have experienced a drastic change after the treatment. So don't loose your confidence there is Non-Surgical treatments for Slipped Disc.

Hopes this helps you

• Posted

Hi Keerthi / Lesley,

Thanks so much for posting your recovery story Keerthi, it really is so encouraging for others and I do hope and pray so much that you can continue to be pain free and back to a full and healthy lifestyle again. Goodness knows how weary and drained and depressed you must have been after three years of suffering like, it definitely sounds like this treatment has been tremendous and worth considering! I have also been having lower back issues last 18 months, still been very lucky that still been able to be mobile and do things and God willing not had surgery suggested but has still been hard and got me so down at times and struggling to get over it mentally as well as physically - praying that God will help us all get there. I have been seeing an osteopath too and one thing he has suggested is spinal decompression treatment, was unsure whether to go ahead or not something I'm still considering for sure.

I do hope Lesley you are managing okay at the moment and that you can be free from this horrible back pain you have been going through. I pray to God so much for a breakthrough in your situation and for Jesus' healing in your situation and all our situations. I believe that you are going to get through this and be pain free again Lesley, goodness knows how much we need God's help in those worst times and moments and always - hang in there Lesley you WILL get through this.

Thinking about you both and sending best wishes and thanks once again for the encouraing words Keerthi - means a lot. Better times are ahead for us all thanks to Jesus.

Craig

• Posted

Hello Craig

Sorry to hear about your back pain, and also i found that you are planning to take Decompression therapy too. But before you go , check for the physicians previous case studies or testimonials because i have heard that simply undergoing Spinal decompression therapy wont help much if you current situation is severe. Spinal decompression therapy can only help from mild to moderate cases. The hospital i undertook treatment ( Gurupatham Spine care) is performing Spinal gliding as well as manipulation along with decompression that is the reason why i got recovered quickly. This process corrects spine posture that's what my Doctor told me. So before going for the treatment try to get some advice from their previous patients. See my MRI reports.

Hope this helped you.

• Posted

Hi Keerthi,

Thanks for the encouraging words and good advice, I really do appreciate it. My MRI scans have shown a slight disc bulge at L5-S1 but they are not sure if that's just incidental to some of the pain I've had, things have been a bit more settled recently and osteopath has helped me for sure, God has been helping me most of all. So I've been very lucky I know a lot of people's situations are a lot worse than mine but I have still had some very low, worrying and depressing times and moments with it and just doing my best to take it all a day at a time and keep moving and trying to do the right kind of exercises, etc. I know I could be doing better and more with a lot of these things, was thinking about pilates or something like that maybe.

Back pain is such a dreadful and awful thing to go through, and just hoping and praying we can all be free from it and God can guide each of us to the right form of treatment / help / support when and if necessary.

Thanks again Keerthi and sending you best wishes too and again so pleased to hear that you have seen some real progress after what must have been the most awful time you went through. Hoping for continued improvements and good health for you!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.