Recent glandular fever and ongoing health issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

about 3 to 3.5 months ago I was severely sick for about 3.5 weeks with glandular fever ( after numerous blood tests confirmed ) I then went back to work for about 5 or 6 weeks while still suffering severe fatigue , brain fog, full body pain all the time, I was going straight to bed after work and basically in bed every weekend for the whole weekend ( I work a very physically demanding job/ heavy labour tradesman ), I then caught what I thought was a common cold which led to a sinus infection and absolutely no energy, extreme pain and weakness, muscle spasms/ trembling, problems with memory and brain fog still ongoing, night sweats on and off, virtigo, I have currently not worked for a little over 4 weeks as even doing simple tasks around the house have barely been possible, as much as a simple 30 minute trip to the shops with my wife doing the driving is enough for me to need to sleep when we get home. I have just had 2 further rounds of blood tests through my local gp - have an appointment tomorrow to get results and moving forward possibly mri/ brain scans. ( Finding a good doctor has proven to be difficult as well, I hadn't really been to a gp for years prior to this )

Really hoping to get some answers so I can plan moving forward/ a treatment plan and hopefully get back to a normal life in the near future. Has been extremely hard going from a fit and healthy 30 year old father with a physical job, using the gym 5 days a week as well to basically being bed bound and unable to do anything. I am still currently employed but now on unpaid leave untill I get more answers and can relay them to my employer/ make further decisions on the future for me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This unfortunately is very common, my experience lasted almost a year the first time around and almost six months the second time (reactivation of the virus after covid) It is hard to believe a virus can make you feel so bad, It seems that time is the only healer. I took advil for body aches. Ask the doctor about anti virals as they could help.

• Posted

Hi Markham,

I did an mri two weeks ago , everything is fine, no changes or pathologies , they will find nothing, you'll see, so don't worry.

I live with this since late September , brain fog, lower fever, drunk feeling.

Some of the symptoms has gone like fatigue, dry caught, severe neck pain, legs weakness/weirdness more like so these are gone finally. I'm working too , hopefully that dizziness will go away too. So stay strong and use a lot of vitamins, I read it that calcium and zinc is very good helping to fight this virus, I'm taking a lot of vitamins, D, C, CA, Zn, vitamins for the eyes too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.