Recent subarachnoid hemorrage

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello.

I suffered a SBH this past june while riding my motorcycle, as you can imagine it didn't turn out well for me but luckly I ended up in a coma wich I have recovered I say lucy because I was uncontious through the heeling process of multible lacerations a mandble fracture a fractured orbital bone torn rotator cuff and a broken wrist.  Anyway I have been looking at post from others thar either had a SBH or know someone who has and the recurring theam is iritability, short temper and moodyness.  My question is was that something that presented it self soon afthr the bleed or did it take time to devlope.  S0 far I'm still the same mellow guy though I am having troble with memory and cognitive speach.  While I was in my coma I'm told that I had become agressive with a coupla of nurses/doctors but I have no recolection of it.  I'm curious if this is something to look out for.   Also my writing has gone to hell, I can't read half of what I write and that is something that came on after my bleed, is this common.

Thank You for your  tiime

B.Windrath Co. Sp. Co.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

the subarachnoid space is the area between the brain and the tissues that cover the brain.

The subarachnoid space is where cerebrospinal fluid circulates, and it’s responsible for protecting your brain from serious injuries by serving as a cushion.

The UK NHS has a lot of information on this. Be kind to yourself, Basically, you suffered a fancy stroke. Your brain suffered great trauma and it needs time and therapy to recover.

As to the aggression I so understand...did the same thing to staff who were helping me...I still have no memory and it was a leg and not my head.

Stay in touch...I understood everything you wrote...a few misspellings but very easy to identify the intended word. Each day will bring improvement.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Thanks for replying,  I must have read 10 articals on the subject and they all scare me.  after being released from the hospital I really dont remember the next 2 weeks or so and I failed to make it to my follow up visit now I can't get an appoint with any neurolgist untill April 2017 I't just seams to me what i've read sounds more serious, that fall under the heading of don't beleive everything you read on the internet,  I'm still having memeroy issues as well as cognitive speach issues. Should I Just wait till April?  

Thanks Again

Brian

• Posted

Hi Brian,

As long as you have you fruther symptoms...like headache, light flashes in your eyes, a sudden loss of the ability to see, a sudden loss if hearing, a sudden loss of the ability to speak, loss of balance, things like this and you need the ER.

Just use your good sense. And, you can post or message me any time.

I am in the USA about 9 hours behind the UK.

Are you following with any therapists?

hugs

judith

• Posted

Hi do you know the cause of the hemmorage? Just curious.  I'm in the US also.  I agree with Judith.  As long as you don't have any unusual new symptoms you could wait until April.  I myself wouldn't.  I would want to be evaluated sooner.  And I also agree you should at least be seeing a therapist. Good luck Linda

• Posted

Aneurysmal hemorrhage may occur at any age, but it's most common from age 40 to 65. In some cases, trauma to the brain during an injury can cause aneurysms and result in a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Other causes of SAH include: bleeding from an arteriovenous malformation (AVM)...

injury can also cause a SAH

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi you're absolutely right.  Aneurysms occur in later age.  And the age of rupturing or bleeding occurs because your veins get thinner as you get older.  I had an avm which I found by mistake really from an MRI.  It didn't rupture and I was 42 @ the time.  I was told if I didn't get it removed (brain surgery) the chances of it rupturing would go up like 2 percent per year as I got older. So I had the surgery.  Everything turned out fine no deficits. 

• Posted

Hi there, I really understand what you are going through as me myself suffered a SBH back in Nov 2008 and have had 5 Operations in total, 3 this year and 1 in 2010.

With the anger I find I'm very short tempered and get very tired at the age of 31 with two baby's to look after i find it very hard to manage...

My GP told me about this site to try get some help from others

Thanks

Louise

• Posted

Hi Louise I don't know what an SBH setback means do you have Pv or something else.  But 5 operations is a lot for anyone especially a young woman.  I know the anger.  I feel it and the despair.  This site is very good.  Everyone seems so helpful.  I hope you find some peace here.  Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda, it started with a brain bleed then ended having coils put in also in 2010 I had a pressure build up of fluid on the brain so had a VP Shunt fitted but when I had my second baby by c section I got an infection due to the surgeon touching the shunt so had to have another one fitted on the right side and had the old one removed.. which was very dangerous 😔

Doctors said that it would be a good idea to see if I could possibly find someone that has gone through the same thing as me to help with understanding of it all

Thanks

Louise

• Posted

Hi Louise that's some story.  Very sad.  I think you're in the wrong group though.  Is there one for neurological problems?  I know there are many  catagories.  Try and search for that group if it exists.  Linda.

• Posted

Hi Louise I checked the list and there is a catagories brain & nerves which I believe would be a better fit for you.  Good luck Linda

• Posted

Hi Louise, Linds

Sleep and rest help hold the anger down...but when it flares deflecting the anger to a safe place may help...perhaps diary writing

young women...with babies

God blrss you

hugs

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.