Recent vasectomy complications

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a vasectomy 3 and a half weeks ago but have had pain in one of my testicles ever since, I never felt a thing during the first ball that was done but felt pain all through the second one. I’ve had the same pain ever since and this week I had to go to a&e as the pain was unbearable and my ball had swollen to about the size of a cricket ball. I got given a course of antibiotics to take but after all this time my testicle is still huge and I can’t stand up for long without it causing me pain... has anyone else had a similar problem, or could someone give me advice to put my mind at ease as my bollock is still huge 

Many thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gazj

Pain in that area is never welcome but you're still a relatively short period into recovery from the vasectomy.

I know they say you can expect to be ok within a week but that is taking a very broad average view.

It's very easy to pick up an infection in the area and it can cause a huge amount of pain. So there's one possibility for thinking on.

When an epydidymus gets infected or otherwise it can cause worrying, and painful, increases in size

Hopefully the antibiotics will help clear things up. However you'll need to keep on top of pain relief, requesting prescription strength if needed.

If after another 3 to 4 weeks there is still a large degree of pain then get back to Drs as soon as you can and get them to see what else is going on.

• Posted

Hi, I would eco the other reply you've had. Sounds very much like the trouble I had. If it is the same and you get some antibiotics I reckon you'll be cleared up soon. Mine is a little more sensitive now but painless and normal. See your Urologist if you can but try not to get paranoid, I was a wreck for a while after reading stuff online but it came right in the end. Read my thread, might ring some bells: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pressure-pain-after-vasectomy-589463?page=0&utm_source=forum&utm_campaign=comment-notification&utm_medium=email#2674735

• Posted

Hey thanks for taking the time to reply,

Our experiences do seem very similar, although the entry would appears to have cleared up now and and i’ve not seen any puss coming from it etc. The teste is still swollen but going down, and I can stand a bit longer now, I’m still going to the doctors tomorrow just to put my mind at ease, and get a second opinion and also because my meds run out today ha. Hope yours is all better now 

• Posted

Mine's all good now. Get plenty of rest and don't stress too much. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.