Recently diagnosed with Rosacea

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have 2 questions please if anyone can please advise me.

I have recently been diagnosed with Rosacea, although looking back I believe I've had it a while and didn't know what the issue was. I have been given Metrosa gel for 8 weeks and told to go back and visit my GP.

I've looked online and there are so many sites, my mind is rather baffled, can anyone please recommend a good moisturiser?

Also on a separate issue, I went to give blood today as i always do and was told I couldn't because of this. The moment I sat down the lady asked if I had a rash, I explained I had recently been diagnosed with Rosacea and after discussing the treatment I'm having I was told I couldn't donate. Does anyone with Rosacea donate blood? If I didn't already feel like crap this made me feel even worse

Thanks for any help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Emma,

I don't know anything about donating blood because I was always too slim until the last 5 years or so, but I do know a bit about Rosacea.

I've replied to a few people on here because I found it so traumatic and really don't want anyone else to go through it.

I had it twice, the first time when I was about 21, nobody knew what it was, I tried everything and it eventually went on it's own, after about 2 or 3 years! I still didn't know what it was. The second time was about 2 years ago, it was terrible, I didn't want to go out, I lost all my confidence and I didn't want to see anyone.

Long story as short as possible.... doctors couldn't tell me what it was. I looked on Google images to see if I could find something that looked like mine. Found an image and clicked on it and landed up on a site for a Chinese doctor who was a volunteer in the Chinese Army during the Korea war, he had a friend who had Rosacea and was desperate for help. This doctor eventually came up with this ointment that actually worked and he decided to focus on that problem because so many people in China suffered with it.

It's an immune problem, we need to make sure we get all the vitamins, minerals and plenty of sleep. We should get rid of as much stress and toxins as possible.  When we're run down we get ill, illnesses are caused by deficiencies, toxins and stress. 

So, my Rosacea was caused by Demodex, they live on our skin anyway but when the immune system is weak they can take over, like any parasite. I bought the soap and cream on the website and used it for roughly 3 months, I think. Some days it seemed to be getting better and some days it seemed a bit worse but I think that was when I put a bit too cream much on. After about 3 months I decided to stop using it one day and it completely cleared up, in about 3 days, nobody could believe it.

Short explanation;

Demodex are little mites that live on our skin, they lay eggs that hatch every 14 days or so. The cream kills the mites but if you use it for too short a time the eggs are still there and will hatch. So I wanted to use it for a lot longer to make sure everything was killed, hence 3 months, or might have even been longer.

I think the cream is quite strong, although it is all natural, and that's why it became more red if I put too much cream on. But for me it was amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with this kind of problem, or acne.

I don't think they'll let me put the links but you can look up Demodex Solutions. The soap I used is called Acarid soap and the cream is called Zhongzhou Zinc Oxide. Don't be put off by the Chineseness of it, it worked for me.

Any questions just ask.

Good luck,

Sharon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.