Reclast/Zoledronic acid monohydrate

Posted , 4 users are following.

On Thursday I had my first ever Reclast infusion. By Friday I was so sick. The nurse told me that flu-like symptoms are rare but can happen. Since I'm not to sensitive to meds I wasn't too worried. I already have breathing problems and my OS went down enough that I had to wear my oxygen all the time. I also ran a fever and hurt all over. I will never take it again. But I wondered how many others have had such a severe reaction to it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Interestingly, flulike symptoms are listed as a COMMON side effect.

• Posted

Hi Anhaga don't I know you from the PMR site?

I've looked at the lable and it is listed as a symptom on the main symptoms list.

• Posted

Yes. It was PMR and pred which led me to OP forum. I'm also on Healthunlocked under a different avatar.

But what a shame the so-called expert was so dismissive of the fact you were suffering from a common side effect. I wonder how many patients will have to report it to them before they realize it is indeed quite common and perhaps prepare the patient better?

• Posted

Hi,

I am not sure why the moderator deleted something I wrote. It seems odd to me since I only wrote about my experience and made a few suggestions for you to explore. I thought that this forum would allow for helpful exchange of information.

Anyway, I suggested that you explore HRT pellets and I included some links to websites so you could do your reading on the benefits etc. Perhaps attaching links to our websites is not allowed. If that is the case, you can do your own searches for information of bio-identical HRT Pellets. I use pellets from Sottopelle and have had success reversing my osteoporosis.

Maybe the pellets could help you also.

Best wishes for good health,

JoAnn

• Posted

HRT are incredible. I was on them for a couple of years, 10 years ago. Unfortunately I had to stop them because I had a blood clot in my leg. And since then I've had 2 others in my brain (strokes) so that is not an option for me. I do find it interesting that you use pellets. I used torches. Probably the same thing just a different name.

• Posted

Hi,

No. They are not the same. Pellets are inserted in the muscle area of derriere and last 3-4 months while dispersing even amounts of hormones. Please google it since I am not this website allows pasted links.

Blessings and wishes for your restored health.

JoAnn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.