Recovery from small pneumothorax

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I did post only a couple of days ago but this is a new question. I had a small pneumothorax (second one) 2 weeks ago and was treated with painkillers and rest, Monday my x Ray showed my lung has inflated again.

But now I am having such bad pain in my shoulder again and front of chest, no popping and gurgling. Is this normal as part of the recovery or is there chance it’s happening again?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It could be. Both times that my lungs collapsed, I was released after a few days with a chest tube and then thy collapsed again. Both times I ended up having surgery. Followed by a world of paranoia. Currently I'm in world of concern as my lung keeps making noise and I can feel it contract if I sit or lay a certain way. No pain, no shortness of breath, just noise. Trying to hold out until doc appt on Nov. 14. This life sucks.

• Posted

You need to get back to the doctor. Sounds like it could be happening again.  Hope I’m wrong!  Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.