Recovery time?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

On the 28 July I underwent a cystoscopy procedure due to a frequent urination problem that I have been dealing with since late last year. This was a flexible carried out using local anesthetic.

I am very concerned that the procedure has caused damage to my prostate area. Prior to this I had no issues with my prostate, however since having the procedure done I feel as though the area has been "bruised" and with a dull ache around my lower back. The prostate itself was found to have no issue (i.e. it was not enlarged). Since having it done, I have not seen any blood so far, and have been drinking plenty of water. The hospital have only advised me to take painkillers if it gets too painful, and that the pain could take a week to subside.

The part where the scope entered the prostate was pretty uncomfortable and I tensed up quite a bit while it was being done. The urologist had a good feel around. I suppose I am now concerned as to whether this pain will be permanent or if it will subside. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.