Rectum problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies can anyone tell me if normal with posterior prolapse. Feels as if I have movement in rectum.And that when sitting feels as if rectum being pushed in with pressure in vagina.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes Star it is. You don't say when you had your repair but post op this is normal 

• Posted

I have not had repair yet or been to doctor.But know I have posterior prolapse and more.6 kids
    • Posted

Sorry I just presumed with you posting on this forum. So why shouldn't you have sex? There's no reason why you shouldn't.

• Posted

Not a sex question is normal to feel like this and not been repaired?So much discomfort in rectum with posterior prolapse
    • Posted

Sorry Star. Apologies. Got confused with a previous post, that's what happens when I try to multi task. 😂 Right I'll start again. Your bowel is basically protruding into your vagina so you are going to have this feeling. Have you seen a urogynaecologist yet? There are different options to help one being a pessary.

• Posted

No have not been yet.I'm so scared I missed my appointment.But.going to reschedule in Us so can get same day appointment

• Posted

You are lucky, you can get another appointment so soon but don't miss your next one because this problem can be easily dealt with even though you will need time to recuperate. Don't be scared, millions of women have had this surgery. On the Genitourinary Prolapse home page there is some useful information particularly the South Tees information. This is information from the UK but is similar whichever country you are in. 

• Posted

One normal thing that happens with a rectocele is incomplete evacuation.  So yes, there is still stool in your intestines and because of the rectocele (a hernia, basically) the intestine can bulge into your vagina and it can feel weird.

it helps to splint while you defecate, but even with that you may not be able to evacuate completely.  Folding toilet paper and applying external pressure might work, but for me (preop) I really needed to press against the back wall of my vagina to have a bowel movement.  I would wash my hands beforehand, but eventually I bought a box of gloves like they use at the doctor's office as it was easier.   Obviously nothing with my a finger inside while I recovered from surgery.

Since my op I have just had to do the TP pressing trick, but unfortunately I still do need to do that.  I had a very large rectocele and while it is MUCH better post-op I do still need to apply pressure sometimes, it seems.

It helps a lot to never be constipated.  Fiber, meds, whatever is right for you.... but take care of it.

• Posted

Look up the "Bristol Stool Chart".  Type 4 was always my goal - that made symptoms as good as I could get them to be pre-op.

• Posted

Hi Star. I have a rectocele (posterior prolapse), intussusception (the colon telescoping down into the rectum) and enterocele (small intestine falling through the gap between the rectum and vagina). I think what you will find from the women sharing their experiences on this forum is that there is quite a range of symptoms and severity, but amongst my symptoms, I do suffer from pressure and pain by my rectum pushing forward into my vagina. 

I hope you are able to make your rescheduled appointment and talk frankly about your symptoms and how they impact upon your life. Good luck on your journey to better health!

• Posted

Thank you ladies that have replied to my post

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.