Recurrent Cellulitis.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. Back in June 2017, I got a weird itchy burning sensation in between my two smallest toes, within hours my foot had ballooned, was radiating heat and had travelled up my leg. Diagnosed with cellulitis and spent some time in hospital on iv antibiotics followed by 10 days of antibiotics. Finished the antibiotics and was fine for two weeks, when it returned again. Another 10 course of antibiotics then followed by a 6 week course of 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

CONTINUED. 

clindacitin. All good until late September where again thr cellulitis returned. Another 10 day course. All went well until December where again cellulitis returned so yet another 10 day course followed again by a 6 week low dose of antibiotics which I have just finished. Something which bothers me is it's always in the same site and in between those two small toes never feels right, often gets itchy and red. I'm really fed up, I love running and have given up due to the worry that this may be causing it. I'm constantly worrying about the itchy toes and I just get the usual "your prone to it" from my doctor. I should also add I'm female, 25 years old fit, healthy with no underlying medical conditions. Can anyone please other some advice??? 

• Posted

hi brid i have cellulitis a few times now on a/bs low dose for life   so all i can help you with is you must keep feet area clean moistened but ithink you know all that   well its only a plump at something blood sugers ??  blood tests your to young to give up your running   not being funny trainers/running shoes need to be checked must b someone with some help/cure have they done culture check between toes need to try different creams/potions for athletes feet  you got to keep at them your to young  

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned I've had blood tests done and they have returned perfect. And a swap was done which returned as staph. My doctor said that doesn't tell us a whole pile as staph is extremely common. 

• Posted

well brid theres something causing it they must have some test treatment to give you cant just give up on you are you still on low dose a/bs and is it stopping it/make it better have you told doc you have given up running through it see what he says    i dont know what it comes under dermatology dept but needs a consultant for it   it does seem your on your own when they get looking better out you go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.