Recurrent cystitis - advice needed

Posted , 1 user is following.

I started a new relationship in february and in the past have been prone to cystitis. In my new relationship it has really taken its toll on me. I have had cystitis around 9 times since february. I follow all guidance with peeing after sex, and try to keep well hydrated. I have so far had all STIs ruled out and a clear ultrasound. I am waiting on a referral to urology which is taking ages. I came off my pill as it was making me bleed every couple of weeks on a separate note.. and we now use condoms. condoms appear to help my cystitis a lot but my partner struggles on maintaining an erection, so now we have a bit of a challenge in this area. i dint like condoms either but obviously if they help, then it is what it is. What can i expect when i go to urology? Are there any further tips somebody can offer me? it is a horrible thing to have to endure. My friend had a similar scenario and they found e coli in her bladder. Is there a chance that not just myself but could my partner not be clean before we have sex?! the current waiting list was 20 weeks for urology when i called to put my name on the list. I am fed up and just want answers.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.