Recurrent sinusitis, pressure facial pain, fatigue, dizzy

Posted , 7 users are following.

I don't now what to do anymore I have been sick with sinusitis for 4 weeks and this is the 3rd time since Feb last year. The facial pain and headaches around myy cheeks/jaw, pain in my wisdom teeth, extreme fatigue, dizzyness/blurry vision make it impossible to do anything normal. It is giving me immense anxiety as I am scared the infection will go to my brain or eyes or something. Four weeks ago I went to the gym 3x a week, 10000 steps daily. Now I feel like I am run over by a truck every morning and I am worried sick. Tried everything from sprays (avamys, flixonase, dymista), to antiobiotics (augmentin, amoxycillin, cephalaxin, rocithromycin), to oral steroids (dexamethasone). The AB makes me feel 10 times worse and the doc keeps prescribing it nonetheless. Been waiting on an ENT appointment since Feb 2019 in Australia and saw one overseas once who did a scan and saw major blockage of maxillary sinusus and concha bullosa. I get an episode every few months and it knocks me out for at least 6 weeks. I am trying acupuncture now but no relief yet after 4 sessions. I also do nasal rinse multiple times a day with saline solution, take probiotics, evening primrose oil, serrapeptase, vitamine D, and are on a dairy free diet (even though I love cheese). Nothing helps, and no doc has ever bothered to check my neck glands which burn like fire and I feel I am constantly super hot around my face/neck. I get these micro fevers (37.5-37.9) almost daily.... No doc has also bothered to take a sinus biopsy or done allergy test to check whether it is a bacteria, funghi, virus or allergy Any advice welcome!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Same here...recurrent sinusitis. twice in two months. low grade fever everyday with body aches n fatigue. ☹️ at a loss. get well soon.

• Posted

hey anna,

im relieved in a way to see that other people are going through this. i am also a very fit and active woman and it has stopped me in my tracks the past 3 months. ive been on antibiotics. they help but as soon as i finish them it all comes back. im currently using sudafed to help but its suggested not to use any longer then 7 days. Ive tried so many things and nothing is working. i feel like im only half in this world atm. Fatigue is the worst. body aches, night sweats, chills, headaches. i never get sick and its making me think horrible thoughts about there being more wrong with me. doctors dont seem too worried where im freaking out. im off to the ENT if this doesnt stop in the next couple of weeks. my neck glands also feel tight. not burning but tight. my osteo has started working on my sinuses so im hoping this will help in the next few sessions. i hope you find a way out of all this. good luck

• Posted

im so sorryt that yall are having to deal with these problems but does make me feel better that im not losing mu mind my sinuses have ruled as well as ruined my life i just cant take it anymore. the preasure is insane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.