Recurring ache in neck for 10 months, is there something wrong?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Since February last year, i have been suffering from an ache in the right side of my neck, where it joins onto my shoulder. It feels like a stiff neck, like hurting when turning my head to the left, but it's there all the time. It goes through phases where it is there, and phases where it isn't. It has started aching again since before Christmas. It feels like its in the muscles/ligaments in the side of my neck, and they are tender to the touch.

In googling, most results i can see are to do with either stress/anxiety, poor posture, poor sleeping position, or injury. I want to point out that i spend a lot of time looking at my tablet, for maybe five hours a day, i also sit in an awkward position looking at the computer, and i also sleep in an awkward position, with my neck bent sideways onto my shoulder, or on my stomach with my head to the side.

Has anyone had anything like this? What could it be causing the problem? What can be done to help? What is the most effective treatment for it? Could it be something serious? Could it be caused by simply poor posture and sleeping position?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.