Recurring bartholin's cyst since 2018 - any advice is encouraged.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I just wanted to get on here to speak about my experience with bartholin's cysts. It started in the summer of 2018, where I wasn't feeling so great, the next thing i know i end up with a cyst the size of a golf ball. I had to go to the ER to get it drained without any numbing and it was probably the most painful experience I have ever had. It went away for a little until a year later. I would do sitz baths and it would usually disappear.

February 2021: It came back, and i was in so much pain i could not believe it. i went to a surgeon who specializes in these and did a marsupialization with him. the way he made the incision was very weird. The effing cyst came back as soon as I had healed!! and I was having cysts a little closer to the labia than where the gland is itself. It drained and came back AGAIN, i went back to the surgeon. son wanted me to do a second marsup. i started crying outside of his office in front of patients. i didn't care. i was so freaking upset and stressed out at that point that i could not hold it in any longer. i switched gynecologists after that event and he is great, but the cyst was still placed in a weird area so he could not put a word catheter in the way he wanted to.

Fast forward to now- march 2022. cyst is back, the size of a golf ball ALMOST, just like 2018. I am trying to go to my doctor tomorrow for the word catheter. this cyst is stubborn. i sat in epsom salt and hot water and a little blood came out. i also put witch hazel over it the night before which made it more irritated. i figure this is a good thing but i am in so much pain right now that i just want this hell over. i might have to take a week off from work for this situation..

if anyone has any advice as to what i should do because i'm telling you, ive literally tried it all. tea tree oil burned me, the witch hazel from last night made it bigger... i really don't know what to do anymore.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.