Recurring BV for years (7 years!) every time I have sex

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone out there has a similar issue to me... for the past 7-8 years (since I was 20) I've had recurring BV and thrush pretty much every time i've had sex. I do everything you're meant to... unscented body wash and detergent, cotton underwear, no overwashing, wiping correctly etc, using condoms (although I have noticed the few occasions i haven't used one my symptoms haven't been as bad which is the opposite of what everyone says?!) I take daily probiotics now which help lessen the symptoms and eventually gets rid of the BV, but as soon as i have sex again it comes back. I also tend to get quite sore after sex and tear up a bit to add to the crapness.

I'm at a point where i just feel a bit hopeless and i feel so alone, the doctors have told me "some women just have this problem and have to live with it" .. please tell me this isn't true or there are people out here who have somehow outgrown this problem??

Ive read a lot of discussions on here but they mostly seem to be about a really bad bout of BV, rather than mild (though sometimes its defo not mild!) BV that continually comes back.

Any insight would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

this is me to the T it's helll every single time ihave sex which is a lot ibuprofen the BV Gels and if I use them ican keep the symptoms at bay but if idont the smell and discharge is just awful iget so paranoid cuz the smell is horrible.

• Posted

have you tried boric acid pills. look up boric life and it should be a pink and white pot of like 30 or 60 pills u can use them after sex to reset the PH balance. if you are having sex with the same person maybe showering or refreshen up before sex can help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.