red eye

Posted , 2 users are following.

last month when i was visiting my doctor he made a passing comment that my eye was red. i dismissed it as having just recently got out of the shower. however i just noticed now that my eye is red. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your eye could be dry, especially if you spend a lot of time looking at screens, of any kind.

Have you thought of going to your local optometrist to have your eyes tested , they examine them too & if there is anything untoward, they can refer you to your local hospital eye clinic.

You can buy lubricating drops over the counter.  A Pharmacist can advise you about that too.

Did your GP examine your eyes?

• Posted

i wear spectacles but the last time i went to the opticians was about 2 years ago because my eyes have settled down now im an adult my old glasses still work good. 

when the doctor mentioned about my eye he wanted to examine them but i was in a rush and had just got out of the shower so i said that and he said thats probably the reason then and didnt examine them,

i also as a child suffered from hay fever so it might be that even thou we are not in the season for it. 

• Posted

They tell you to have your eyes examined every 2 years.

You know what you should do.  You only have one pair of eyes, take care of them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.