Red flushing face

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was told I don’t have rosacea here recently.they think it could be a thyroid problem. Has anyone ever went through this because of a thyroid problem. My face is really red and it flushes all the time. Thanks for the help 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stewie-  Not sure if you are male or female - if female, are you going thru menopause? Are you on any kind of blood pressure medication? If so, which one? All things to also look at - 
  • Posted

I’m a male and yes I got put on inderal for the flushing, but it hasn’t helped. 
    • Posted

Hi - So you got put on a Beta Blocker to ease your flushing? Do you have high blood pressure? If you don’t have high blood pressure, I personally wouldn’t use that as a first line of defense.  Have you been to a dermatologist? Checked your triggers...ie, food, drinks, stress, emotions? Lots of side effects with B/P RX’s if you don’t need to lower your b/p. 
  • Posted

Yes I have been to a few Dermatologist. They all said it was rosacea for the last year. I have tried everything for rosacea you can think of and nothing worked. I even did lasers. Then I went to a new derm and he said it’s not rosacea. And gave me inderal to try to stop my flushing but it’s not helping I still flush everyday almost all day. Idk what else to do I have tried everything. I’m hoping blood work will show it’s thyroid related if not idk what it is.
    • Posted

Hi - Did anybody put you on Doxycycline? & give you a topical? I was on a bad blood pressure RX for 5 years that just made my Rosacea worse & I truly believe was the culprit behind my Rosacea, so I guess I am not following the logic to put you on a Beta Blocker - One of the little known side effects of many B/P RX’s can be flushing.  If I were you, I would seek out a naturopath & see what they come up with - I have also heard that infrared saunas/lights can help skin disorders - I would  start searching the cause not treating the symptoms ie “flushing” - can you tell I am a little frustrated with western medicine? 

• Posted

YEs I was in doxycycline and minocycline they didn’t do anything. He said it not rosacea though. I don’t know what else it could be. I’ve done all kind of blood test and allergies test and they all came back negotiive. What would you suggest I do for the flushing?i know no topical worked on me and I tried all of them for rosacea. Makes since that it’s not that bc nothing worked.
    • Posted

Wow!  Well that is a mystery - are you on any other medications/supplements that might be making your skin react in this way? Generally our skin is a good indicator of something amiss in our system - I personally would now try a naturopath to get at the source of the issue - they would also be able to do extensive thyroid test - also look into the infrared sauna/light - good luck! 
    • Posted

Alternative medicine/Holistic dr - look for one with education & superior reviews - they treat the cause not the symptom - 

• Posted

Hi Stewie - I just read where “Milk of Magnesia” helps some people with the redness/flushing of Rosacea - Apparently you just rub it on your face to calm the inflammation.  Good Luck!
  • Posted

Hi Stewie,

I can't say I know anything about your type of Rosacea, I had the acne type, but I would look into your diet and get rid of as many toxins from your life as possible.

I would also take a look at Serrapeptase, it looks really interesting and there's a doctor I listen to called Dr Tent, he's really knowledgeable.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck x

• Posted

i have been having a similar problem for the past few months does your flushing feel very hot ? i i find when its happening the pores on my nose and my nose sort of swells. a simple blood test can rule out a thyroid problem i m sure ??

• Posted

i have been having a similar problem for the past few months does your flushing feel very hot ? i i find when its happening the pores on my nose and my nose sort of swells. a simple blood test can rule out a thyroid problem i m sure ??

• Posted

Hi Stewie,

I think I also have Thyroid problems, I was listening to Izabella Wentz on YouTube and all but one of the symptoms she mentioned were me!

Anyway, I've had Rosacea twice, the first time in my 20's and the last time about 3 or 4 years ago, now I think it's coming back. So I was looking at the cream and soap I used last time, (a real life saver because I had it for about a year before I found the stuff I used and I was incredibly miserable and didn't want anyone to see me) and it does say that it helps with red flushing skin problems.

If you type in Demodex into your search engine it will come up, it has the usual ending, that you get on all web addresses for the UK. It tells you all about what it is and why we get it, everything comes from nature and I can tell you that it works. Mine took about 3 or 4 months to go, and it kind of got worse before it got better, but my goodness when it went, it went!

My doctor didn't know what was wrong with me, so he gave me antibiotics. I never tried any Rosacea creams or other tablets and can't comment on how effective they are but I can, and do, recommend you at least take a look at Demodex because it worked for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do,

Sharon

• Posted

Hey Stewie1993,

You literally sound just like me, almost identical stories. I have been to at least 7 different derms hoping someone would find that magic cure but alas still struggling.

They all say it is Rosacea but I am convinced it is not. I have tried all the lotions, creams, antibiotics, etc., and even had food dna/allergy tests done, but as you nothing seems to work.

I even spoke to a naturopath/homeopathic doctor too - did not help, but that is just me.

What did help is cleaning up my entire diet, not that it was terrible before but I refined it and lost a bunch of weight too lol.

My first suggestion is wipe out any caffeine, if you have it, dairy and carbs too.

Although it did not all go away it definitely helped a TON but then a few days ago an acne bump appeared and some redness. I can't seem to figure out why except for 2 things, one was heat from the hair dryer and inflammation from some pain I had. I really am baffled why no one can figure out what the issue is but I determined to try it all until something works.

I recently read that Kanuka Honey and Vit C Serum are likely to help... not Manuka, Kanuka. (Manuka is more common).

I am going to try the Vit C first and see how that fairs.

Hope any of this helps. I feel your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.