Red line where had hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I just wondered if anybody after having a hysterectomy a year on there is still a rec line where the scar is is this normal

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i am 9 months post op and my scar line is still red,and where i had drain inserted is too.It takes time for the scars to heal but they will in time...
  • Posted

Hi Caroline,

Yes, it is normal.. but it does eventually fade to your normal skin color

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

Yes, it is normal.. but it does eventually fade to your normal skin color

kind regards

judith

• Posted

I had a hysterectomy 9 weeks ago and of course my scar is still red.  I expect it to be so for some time yet, as I had a hip replacement 2 years ago, but now I can hardly see the scar at all and actually have a job to see it at all.   Therefore it does take time but will go eventually.  It just fades away.  I used Avon Skin So Soft oil, specified for reducing scars and uneven skin tone which helps a lot, but not until I was at least 12 weeks past surgery as you don't want to soften the scar too much until it has healed properly.  Hope this is of help and don't worry about it.

• Posted

If I remember rightly, it starts to fade quite quickly after about 18 months.  Mine was red, then pink after about 15 months and carried on fading away, at least that's what mine did after my hip replacement.  I am also hoping my tummy one does the same, but I have some way to go yet.  At least I can now get a pair of trousers on and get out of the stretchy waist ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.