Red marks on breast

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I would like peace of mind or your personal stories or advice, to help me with my mom’s situation. She is 61.

Now I must say she will be getting a mix of a mammography, CT Scan, and biopsy. I know you could easily say “just wait for the results”, but I still would like to hear you in the meantime.

her symptoms:

red marks on 1 breast

1 breast bigger than other

Darker nipple and around nipple

Skin on breast feels harder (theres no lump though)

No pain. No itchiness. No discharge

The red marks became less noticeable recently. I hope thats a good sign.

These symptoms started months ago when she noticed the red marks. She shouldnt have waited, we know, but now shes in good hands. The red marks are actually less noticable than they used to be, so I hope that’s a good sign.

I hear that most cases that can relate to these symptoms end up being an infection, inflammation or injury. Can you please reassure me somehow, perhaps with your story? Shes 60, shes not breastfeeding, and I hear that Mastitis usually happens in women breastfeeding. However she can recall one day where she lifted heavy things and had pain in her breast from that “workout”, and the marks seem to have started around then. So we are hoping it might be some sort of injury or trauma.

Thanks so much in advance

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.