Red patches (possible Balanitis?)

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi. I went to the doctors 3 weeks ago with red patches under me foreskin and a single spot on the head. Doctor diagnosed a fungal infection and prescribed canesten 2%. 3 weeks later, it's not getting better. If anything, it's getting worse and I'm starting to worry now. I've never had unprotected sex and I haven't had any sex in a few years.

Have attatched 2 before and 2 after pics.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your doctor as maybe you need a stronger antibiotic/ hydrochortisone cream. Fungal infections can take some getting rid of.
    • Posted

Yes, going to - try - and get another doctors appointment tomorrow. Can't say I was too impressed with my treatment last time, so just wondering if anyone here has any suggestions based on similar symptoms that I can bring up if the Doctor is dismissive again.
  • Posted

Hi SN,

There is nothing to stop you seeking a second opinion from another doctor at your practice. Also, if you register for Patient Access, you will have access to the medical notes every GP and health practitioner must make when they examine you.

This is just a suggestion you might find worthwhile.

Christopher

• Posted

I'd never heard of that before. Just looked it up and its not available for my local GP's.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Posted

Looks like you also have pearly white penile papules
  • Posted

Don't worry too much brother, especially if you know it's not an STD.  You probably just have sensitive skin down there and irritated it in some way.  Start using a penis health creme.  A good creme will provide all sorts of natural vitamins and nutrients to your penis skin and should clear your red patches up in no time.  Check 'em out.  Good luck.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.