Red spots in throat. Strep or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have these spots in the back of my throat. My lymph nodes feel sore and swollen too.

I've been experiencing other symptoms elsewhere in my body, which I don't know if they're related not. Just wanted to know if this looked like strep throat, mono, or something else?

If it didn't clear up, I'll go to a doctor -which I'd like to avoid due to covid.

imageimage

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

iv got the same did u fined out what it is

• Posted

no buts its theres tiny spots on roof of my mouth and my gums at the back had it 4 month have you any idea to what you think it is j have done nothing but google it

• Edited

I had assumed it was related to the overall symptoms I'd been having, which I thought might've been an STD, but I've tested negative on everything, so I have no clue. Doctors don't seem to think it's a cause for concern, but I still want to clear it up, you know?

• Posted

to be honest i thought the same i have had a test for syphilis gonorrhea chyamidia and hiv all negative done them twice but they was home test kits iam paranoid i have got some thing what did you get tested for thank you for replying

• Posted

then i looked on here and thought hpv

• Posted

The standard std tests. I came back positive for hsv1/oral herpes via bloodwork, but these aren't exactly the symptoms for that.

• Posted

it makes no sense does it iam paranoid that what i have tested for are wrong result its driving me round the bend i just want to know what it is but there is no answers for it. it was hsv1 surely it would of cleared buy now

• Posted

These started showing up for me after I got a shot of the Gardasil-9 (hpv) vaccine. I am having widespread issues since that immunization series. For almost six months now my mouth looks very similar to yours and my tonsils (palatal and lingual) are enlarged. It is as if my immune system is reacting really severely to latent hpv in my mouth and elsewhere (The nature of my menstrual cycle has been affected too.).

ENTs have said everything looks "normal". This is certainly not normal for me though, and I have told them as much. I have been told by ENTs as well that this is just allergies (I've never had allergies, but if I suddenly developed allergies, no one is interested in exploring how or why.). I've also been told maybe it's silent reflux. I've experienced reflux before and my throat has never been like this. I'm not sure if this helps, but let me know if either of you ever found answers or helpful treatments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.