Reducing from 40 to 35 mg's

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning. For the last 4 days I have been reducing my intake of Cit. From 40 mg's to 35. This morning I had explosive trots as well as sweats and a little insomnia. I have been on 40 mg's for 12 weeks and on Cit since this past Jan. I was not convinced that 40 mg's was helping as I was feeling low. Felt good for the first few weeks then feeling crappy again. Eventually want to get off this drug but I want to do it slowly. I exercise regularly and I know this helps. I have read a lot about withrawing but I do need sound advice to do it the right way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Have a great day.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It takes a lot longer than doctors suggest. You need to try the 10% method. 10% less every 2 weeks and then 10% of what is left etc etc until nothing. This takes time but greatly increases your chances of having a symptom free withdrawal. Hope this helps
    • Posted

Thanks so much for the reply Alex. I go see a new Dr on the 18th of Oct so I plan on bringing it up with her at that time. I know it will be a long process but I want to do this the right way. Enjoy yer day!!!!
  • Posted

If ur planning on going on another ssri u can just swap i did from cit to sert if not 5 mg every 2 weeks or until ur symptoms settle is a good place to start
    • Posted

Hi Weenett. Tks for the reply. I'm not planning on going on any other meds at this time. I will talk it over with my new Doc when I see her her on the 18th of Oct. I took Effexor for 7 odd yrs but ran into issues. Looking back it might have been a blip. The Doc just doubled my dosage to 150 from 75 and I didnt feel better. I should have read more on these meds b4 starting them. Knowledge is power!!! Lol. I dont remember my depression being that bad b4 I took the Effexor but the Doc put me on it anyway. I'm gonna come off these meds slowly at least until mid Nov as i have a trip planned and I want to be of sound mind for it. Then I will see where I stand. Had a pretty good day y'day as I found out I was gonna be a g'pa. That sure helps the old turnip. Lol. Enjoy yer day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.