reduction

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have found since reducing that i have aches in my shoulders, mostly at morning, but after taking pred (2hrs later) i find it is not so bad,also i have found that the pains and stabbing aches in my temple are not as bad.

Keeping on 9mg till after my holidays, then hopefully i will begin the next stage of reducing to either  8.5mg or 8mg.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret - I'm in the same boat but am at 6 mg and staying there for a few weeks to cover holiday (flying!) and this very hot weather.  Just niggles from breakfast thru' late morning fine for the rest of the day.   Best of luck, John
  • Posted

Hi margaret, I have just had to up mine due to a flare so am back at 15mg but as you are going away please make sure you are on enough to cover the pain so that you enjoy your break. Just been looking for Sunni as he is back out on the forest again now that his eye is better, found him about 3 miles away and led him back so am totally exhausted now. Have a great time away. Dave
    • Posted

Hi Dave, yes i have just got a repeat prescription , and the doctor says all is well, if any problems to up the dose.

I have kept looking at sunni on the site, i am glad all is well with his eye, he is a little trooper. Take care.

• Posted

Hello Margaret,

Im not a regular responder, but I have taken in a lot of info since reading the forum. To be to the point your symtoms of pains in the temple etc. are something the folks here worry about relating to GCA. Please tell me you have resolved this with your GP or Ruemy.

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul, yes i have seen my doctor regarding the pain etc, and she is happy with the way things are going.

Hopefully this time all will be well .

• Posted

Much better news, Margaret - pack lots of extra Pred (hopefully you won't need it).  Take care not to overdo the walking, and have a lovely holiday.
  • Posted

Hi Margaret,

Sounds like you have things under control👏👏.  Hope you have a wonderful, pain free holiday!

Hugs, Diana🌸

• Posted

Hi Margaret, glad to hear you are doing well.  Take your medications in your hand luggage and also rest and  pace yourself while on holiday.  Have a wonderful time.  Regards Pat
  • Posted

Hope you have a good hols...I have just had a few days break, and before I went was dreading it...extra stress ect...travelling, getting ready...but it has made a huge difference. I am sure it`s escaping family stress that helps enormously!  I know this sounds selfish...but I must learn to take a step back...but how??....stress equals pain in lots of things...and PMR is one...enjoy your break...
    • Posted

wow i think you have hit the nail on the head, these last few days have been stress free. apart from hubby and i falling out over stupid things, BUT i tried to be calm .

So hopefully on hols we will have none of that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.