Refill on Indian Prescription in USA?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am an Indian Citizen living in the US. I have been taking LEVETIRACETAM (to control partial-onset seizures) since 2011. Currently, I am in perfect health conditions. As a precautionary medicine, I get the medicine from India either myself or through a friend/family member traveling between India and the US. Due to recent COVID-19 pandemic, I am running short of medicine. I have my prescription and medical certificates to support my condition. I am curious to know if I can get Levetiracetam refill in the pharmacies in the US or will a doctor prescribe this to me without me going through medical tests. I usually get my tests (primarily EEG and MRIs) in India and want to avoid these tests in the US, because 1. I am in perfect health conditions 2. Even with insurance they will be extremely expensive.

The last partial seizure that lasted few minutes was in 2012.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.