Relaps taking sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I've been taking sert since Jan my GP upped my dose to 100mg a month ago and I really started to feel better but the last week my anxciety has started to creep back ,I'm handling it at the moment and just wanted to no if it's still early days. Or should I contact my GP again to up my dose. Many thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie

I was put on 50mg Sertraline for depression and I found after a month I still felt no better so my GP put me upto 100mg which I have been on 10days and I still feel really flat so I don't know if they are good or not to be honest. Sorry not much help

Karen

• Posted

Hi Jamie

I am in a similar situation to you. I was prescribed 50mg back in November which didn't help my mood and anxiety levels. The dosage was upped to 100mg in January and this made a significant difference to my mood and anxiety quite quickly. Although I have been suffering from many side effects. The past couple of days I have been feeling really anxious again and will go to my gp if this carries on into next week.

Sukhi

• Posted

Hi i was in same i started off on 50mg didnt feel like it help then got up to a 100mg iwas on them for 2 weeks and thought i was coping but still had feelings by a month i got up to 150 mg felt fine on them for about 2 mnths but then hit bottom again got up to 200mg felt ill and dizzy and couldnt cope on them so they lowed me back to 150mg had cbt and got on well i now 6 mnth later on 150mg ive ask to come off them gone down to 100mg about 5 weeks ago thought was doing well after 2 weeks and thought i could just come off them 2 weeks ago i stopped all together taking them and feel sock dizzy had the worst pains ever not slept not gone anywere on my own had agrueement at home felt like i dieing and am stuck in a place were i dont wat to go back my gp because am worried that there goin to tell me off my mates have notice a big different in me i dont even have a clue what to do anymore

Am stupid but i say if they dont fell like working go back but dont just stop them

If anyone could give me info what i could do i hate taking my mate told me about this group so ive giving it ago

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.