Relapse??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had costochondritis for 7 months last year. It went away just before last Christmas.

During the past week I have felt pain very similar to what I had back then, thankfully not as consistent or as strong.

Is it common for costo to return?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes unfortunately. I am having the same problem, and its three years going on now...

• Posted

Oh no I am sorry to hear this. Does yours go away completely for periods of time and then come back again?

• Posted

Yes. Every time it goes away I hope and think now its gone for good, but nope, comes back again and again. The first few times I was really really worried..thinking maybe THIS time it is the heart and not costco. But then it goes for a few weeks.

I don't know what to do about it more than just trying to live with it. All started with a fall that I took in 2016 and hurt my ribs.

• Posted

I'm so sorry, it must be awful. Do you go to the doctor each time?

What other symptoms do you get may I ask?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.