Reoccuring Abscess for 2 years, No Answers

Posted , 3 users are following.

My name is Kendra. I am 24 years old. Since November of 2014 I have been battling a reaccuring abscess. It is about half an inch away from the bottom of my vulva. It is not a Bartholins cyst. I have had 12 incision and drainage surgeries. I have had 4 picc line placements for IV antibiotics (Meropenem, Penicillin, Clindamycin, Vancomycin) Nothing has cured this situation. The last surgery that I had was a little over a month ago. They went in an collected tissue samply to send to pathology, it was lost and never made it to a pathologist. Therefore I am stuck with no answers. My Infectious disease doctor took my picc line out to stop all antibiotics so that when I go see Baylor doctors, the antibiotics wont mask the infection. Since that last surgery I have have very frequent (multiple times a day for a month) diarreah and today just noticed mucus and blood. I feel like I am falling to pieces. Please help if you may have any good feedback or advice. Thank you..

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

sorry for you dear,

can you precisely define the location of that abscess, is it inside vagina or just outside ? if outside is it towards anus in midline or to one side? also, is it always in the same place or changing?

• Posted

It always comes back in the exact spot. In the past if it goes away it will only be for 2 months. It is on the outside of the vagina, on the right side, toward the anus but not right next to it or anything. It is right beside the bottom of my vulva on the right side. 
    • Posted

Hi, your dr. should consider an anal fistula as a differential diagnosis and its treatment is surgical excison .
    • Posted

google for anal fistula images and you will see many images which may be similar to your condition.
  • Posted

Hi

Hope you get better. My 22 year old daughter getsuddenly abscesses monthly and go thru surgery and I've antibiotics the doctors took swap and itshe MRSA which doesn't respond to any type of antibiotics as she has allergy to pencillin vancomycin and most the antibiotics. The doctors told her to take a bath with anti septic and to sterlize her bed and cloths all the time but still doesn't help.

• Posted

Hi

Hope you get better. My 22 year old daughter getsuddenly abscesses monthly and go thru surgery and I've antibiotics the doctors took swap and itshe MRSA which doesn't respond to any type of antibiotics as she has allergy to pencillin vancomycin and most the antibiotics. The doctors told her to take a bath with anti septic and to sterlize her bed and cloths all the time but still doesn't help.

• Posted

The doctors checked everything is fine but they don't know why she keeps getting MRSA in different parts of her body

Thanx

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is fighting this battle too. It is horrible to not have answers. For me, these past few years, I have felt like a pin cushion. Its so frustrating. Has she had a colonoscopy done?
  • Posted

Okay so I went to see a gastroenterologist and he immediately was like you need a colonoscopy and he said what I have been going through sounds like Crohns Disease. Since my symptoms seem to be on the worse side of the spectrum he prepared me for possible findings that may come up. Im really nervous but I would love to get to the bottom of this so I can live abscess free. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.