Restarting Effexor XR

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Just wondering if anyone else has restarted Effexor XR after coming off it. I took the medication for 7 years 75 a day and it seemed to stop working so my doctor switched me to a medication called Trintillex which did not work and I am now taking Lexapro but it has not been helping with the anxiety. I spoke with my doctor and we discussed going back on effexor xr at a higher dose. Has anyone restarted this medication?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen., I didnt restart venlafaxine ( generic of effexor) but my dose has been upped to 150mgs. I'm currently experiencing some anxiety & sleeplessness

which I have heard that may last till the new dose kicks in . in a few weeks. So if you are starting effexor again you may or may not experience these side effects.

I'm hoping they pass soon. If there's anyone else who knows about the beginning side effects, maybe they can respond. I wish u luck going back on effexor because in the past it was a life saver for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.