Restarting venlafaxine after stopping for for 5 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

dear anxious guys

i was on Effexor for almost 6 months , i sooke with my doctor to gradually decrease ut as i want to stop and we did that in a month. however, after 5 days i restarted taking it 75mg as i had my ocd and panic attacks again and on my 2nd day till now (8-10 days) im having a muscle palpitation feel in my neck and head to my eye ( its like a really bad tension headache ) as well as tingling tongue and sensation in head and nose + jaw tension

spoke to my doctor to switch to another and he told me to try Lustral but the plan would be as follows

37mg effexor in the morning for 8 days

25mg lustral in the night for 8 days then increase it to 50

in that day i skipped my effexor and symptomps were gone . today i started following the plan but after 3 hours taking the effexor i got the same feeling pain going from right traps to neck to ear to eye and head pressure

please has snyone experienced this and does restarting the med do this and is effexor that bad ???

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

From what I've read it has a very short, if not the shortest half-life (time in which the drug is processed by and leaves the body) of the modern antidepressants. I would suggest your body/brain is withdrawing from it fast and this may be causing the unpleasant side effects. I've found Ven to be very potent in it's antidepressant effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.