Resting heart rate

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi guys I usually get heart racing with anxiety but the last week or 2 I have felt really good and not had them much now I get worried that heart rate is to slow which it isn't bc it's between 60 and 68 when resting just wanted to know what you guys and girls resting heart rate is when anxiety is ok. Thx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey lee, I know the feeling you're so used to these bad feelings and then once you're okay its abnormal for you but from what I know that's not a bad rate especially if you're a fit person.
  • Posted

Hey Lee,

60 to 68 seems very normal.

Could you clarify what you're asking?

• Posted

I take 10 mg of propanolol twice a day too. I have felt really good with my anxiety for a couple of weeks and exactly what woah said when u get heart racing with anxiety then u stop getting it as much u think something is wrong
    • Posted

And I was asking what is the range other people who suffer anxiety is when restingĀ 
    • Posted

I'm sure it varies for people with anxiety, but 60-68 seems fine in my opinion.

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

I really wouldn't worry I had a baby end of April my anxiety was low and I was resting took my heart rate it was 45 ! I then got my anxiety back 68 is perfect
  • Posted

Hi lee, I'm a nurse and I can confidently tell you that normal resting heart rate is different for each individual but anywhere between 60-80 is fine. I've seen patients with a heart rate of 46 and they're fine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.