Restless legs syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

****started in premipexole 0.088mg for reatless legs with good effect nothing in 4 weeks anybody else take this for rls

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes worked well for me, I only take when its bad. I think you can build tolerance to it.

• Posted

I took that for a number of years and it worked very well. But eventually I needed more and more and more. Soon there was no relief. Ended update at Mayo who diagnosed "augmentation" of that medication. So beware. Augmentation is very common with the premipexole. Then you have to gradually go off, which is a horrific ordeal, and start a different medication. I have been on gabapentin and Neupro patches. Recently I have been moved off gabapentin and started Horizont which is a fairly new drug made specifically for moderate to severe restless leg syndrome.

Good luck.

• Posted

thats what im worried about augmentatation , ive had rls for over 20years only diagnosed in 2016 have good and bad nights more bad 😭 just had enough of being sleep deprived and trying to work a 12hr day in little or no sleep just hope the premipexole carries on giving me releif ive had no rls in 4 weeks so its all good up to now 😉

• Posted

I havent tried that many things but gabapentin works pretty well for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.