Retained tampon question

Posted , 1 user is following.

On monday i put a tampax compact pearl tampon in and went about my day. I went for a short gentle walk and had an afternoon lunch with friends. I went to the toilet several times through the day twice for a wee and once for a poo, whilst sat scrolling through my phone so i wasnt paying much attention down there.

When i went to remove the tampon around 4pm i couldnt find the string, and i had a feel just inside and couldnt find any sign of the string let alone the tampon.

I had my partner feel around a bit deeper and he couldnt feel anything either, just what he described as something a bit bumpy along the vagina wall that he wasnt sure if it was the string. He did say he tried to get it but it 'felt attached and part of me' so we decided it may be scar tissue from an assisted forceps birth a few years back.

i booked a gp visit the next day to be sure and she did an examination not much different to what my partner had done but i guess she knew what she was looking for.

Then she inserted a speculum and had a look and said there was no tampon in there.

So i can only assume that it dropped out during going to the toilet without me noticing.

But.... i have quite bad health anxiety and i cannot get the though out of my head of 'what if she missed it' and the tampon is still up there behind or to the side of my cervix or something? surely if she used a speculum she would have been able to see if it was there?!

ive stupidly read about vaginal fornix which is a recess around the cervix. Im now freaking out its up there when i should be satisfied its been checked but i cant get the what if out of my head

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.