Return of afib with no symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was very aware of afib when I first got it. Since then I've had two ablations, the first lasted a year. I knew that afib had returned because I felt it. I had bad experience after 2nd ablation as surgeon nicked my venous artery and caused a pseudo aneurism. Nevertheless I felt the 2nd ablation was a complete success, particularly as the surgeon worked on both sides of my heart. It is now 2 years after 2nd ablation that I had felt was a success, when I had to go to hospital for something else and was found to be in afib? I wasn't even aware of it! Why didn't I have the symptoms of afib this time?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Jacky,

What was your heart rate when they found you were in afib? Did you speak to your EP? What are they going to do about it? You might want to get a Kardia Mobile or Kardia Band device so moving forward you will know whether you're in afib or not.

Jim

• Posted

I'm addressing the kardia device, not your particular situation. Please excuse me if this distracts from your issues.

I have had AF and PVC for decades. Two ablations, lots of meds, still happens. So I thought to get a heart monitor to 'see' how serious the current excursions were. Shopped around, found Kardia 6 lead...looked good, bought it.

It arrived. Nice object. Well designed. No user interface...depends on bluetooth to 'talk' to a cellphone or tablet which then displays the data, which is most of why the product price point is relatively low. But the software is, well, demanding. First off, it requires a minimum operating system update. Then the install requires your name, weight, height, address, and access to the phone's gps data.

I wrote Kardia and asked why they want that data since all the software did was display data from the device. The wrote me back and said it was all OK since it was in the 'terms of service'. Insofar as those terms of service are part of the install process, that is quite the catch-22. The only way they could use this data is if the software streamed my cardiac info to them, a clear breach of HIPAA.

I need the device. Without the display function it is useless. So I must allow this data shakedown. But I will post my objections to every forum that will allow me to do so in hopes the court of public opinion will encourage Kardia to amend their ways.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.